Monday, March 31, 2008

Enjoy the last post for awhile...

So it has been awhile since I have posted anything, and it will probably be a long time until I get another one. To summarize our last month--we have sold the house. It was supposed to close on the 16th of April, but we found out today that they are ready and would like to close ASAP. Our goal is to be out of here by Saturday. Yikes! We have already taken a bunch of stuff over to our storage unit, but the next few days are going to be busy. Luckily my mom is going to be staying with me for a few days to help with the kids and stuff (Mom is flying back from Chicago tomorrow where she has been helping my sis Valerie with her darling new baby--she won't even be going home in between babysitting jobs--my mom is the BEST!)


Our new home is scheduled to be done sometime between the middle and end of May, so in the meantime, we will be living in Nick's sisters house about 30 minutes from here. I'm going to miss being around all the great people that surround me, but I will be minutes away from my awesome friend Sarah and a lot closer to my brother Denny. It will be challenging for me, as I will not have a home phone and anyone who knows me knows that I am on the phone constantly (sometimes the home and cell at the same time). I will also be without Internet so my blog stalking will be seriously curtailed. I will also be without TV which isn't much of a problem except for a few select reality shows. I guess I will just have to convince Sarah to record them for me and I can watch them as I am doing my laundry at her house--oh yeah, I won't have a washer and dryer for the time. We are trying to move as little as possible. Luckily I have great friends!!!

I thought I would include a few pictures of the progress of our house. It seems to be coming along quite nicely. Nick went over tonight and it seems like they are mostly finished with the wiring and a lot of the lights are in. The plumbing is also done and the furnace and all that stuff is finished as well I think (like I know anything about construction).

March 18th

March 19th



March 21st

March 25th

March 28th

We are pretty excited that it all seems to be coming together. It is just going to be crazy for the rest of the week.

In other news, Sam had a great birthday party that I have yet to download the pictures. I'm trying to get as many pictures copied on disks before we take the computer down and I don't want to add more. Maybe I will post them in June once I am up and running again....

Hope everyone who actually reads my blog has a wonderful couple of months. I will try to get on and post occasionally, but don't hold your breath waiting and NO BUGGING ME!!!!

7 comments:

Karin said...

I doubt you'll be reading the comments then if you aren't getting on the computer but I'll write anyway. I didn't know you are building a house. How exciting! Who are you staying with in the mean time? Kathy???

Hope everything goes well. See you in a couple weeks.

Karin

Cheryl said...

I'm so excited for you guys and even more excited that you get to be closer to us.
Please let me know if you need anything, or if I can help with anything. Really!
If you are in need of some tv shows, or hanging out, please stop by. I promise I will let you in, even if my house is a mess. :)

Sarah said...

Can I tell you how excited I am to have you guys moving closer to me for awhile? It's going to be fun. I will record your shows for sure! As long as that means you will come to visit me and watch them. I loved the pictures of the house. It looks awesome! Feel free to use my computer anytime to blog stalk. I know how much fun it is. :) See you soon!

brit said...

Yeah, michelle. Nice work on the post. See you for a playdate soon!

b

The Wiser Side said...

Congrats!!! It's always nice to have one less thing to worry about. Good luck living in "temp" mode. We love and miss you guys-hopefully you saw our new blog site.

Jamee said...

You are moving already?! Wow! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You haven't imposed on me yet- so when you have abused all your other friends- Please Call Me!!

Becky said...

Michelle- I got you off of Brit's blog, anyways your fam looks so happy. Congrats on the new home. so exciting. The mountains behind it are beautiful, what a view. Hope all is well. I will keep up on you but now you won't be posting so next year! jk