The kids are in bed, the hubby is down the street playing basketball at the neighbors and I finally have some peace and quiet. What better way to spend it then to finally post some pictures. I think I will just post a bunch from the last few months.
This is the most recent picture I have of the house and it is before we moved in. I have been waiting for them to finish the yard (every week they promise that "it is happening this week"). That is the one thing that I have been frustrated with, but what can you do. I am just happy that they are putting in the basic yard. Tonight I went out to take a picture--forget the grass. And literally, the second I pushed the button, my camera battery died. So this is the best you get for now. It doesn't look much different except the door is black and the sprinklers are in and the yard is ready for sod.

When we first moved in, we didn't have a table for the first few days so we were having a lot of "picnics" until our neighbors took pity on us and let us use their folding table and chairs until we moved everything out of the storage unit. This is our dining area and family room.
Nick unlocking the door the first time we came "home" after signing the papers. I don't have any other pictures of the house, and since it takes me years to decorate, I probably won't be taking any pictures for a while. If you want to see something, I guess you better come visit me.

Today I went to visit my grandma (I adopted her as my grandma anyway) and the kids LOVED her tire swing. She has this wonderful huge tree in her front yard. I love that tree!

The following pictures show why I will never have a clean house as long as Sam eats. If this is what his face looks like, imagine the floor. This is when he decided he wanted to lick the tarter sauce off the plate and he missed his mouth.

I think this was Lucky Charms. And from the look he has, they may have been spiked....
Who knows.....maybe peanut butter? Or maybe something with cheese. As long as we are on the subject of cheese--Sam has learned that anytime a camera is pointed at him, it is proper to say "CHEEEESEEE"
Speaking of food, I am so proud of these. I know they may not seem so great to anyone else, but I have the WORST luck with making anything with yeast and I was so proud that these actually worked. We had Nick's dad and step mom over for dinner on Father's Day and I decided I would at least try to make some rolls. Yea me!

Nick and Seth putting together some shelves. I loved that Seth insisted on wearing his safety glasses the whole time.

We went to the park last week and Seth was so proud of himself for climbing up pretty high on this little contraption.

I have such great friends. My friend Allyson made this for Nick for his birthday (per his request). It is no small task and it was delicious!

Sam has no idea what is about to happen!

Look at Seth's expression. Not even a hint of remorse. That boy is going to give me a run for my money.

Sam had to get tubes put in his ears. He was nice and happy before he went in. Not so much when he came out.

Nick and Seth went on the Father and Son's
camp out. They slept in the van and had a fabulous (if chilly) time. Seth still talks about it constantly.

On our last trip to
Parowan, Seth got to help Grandma with planting the garden and help Grandpa shovel stuff out of the truck. I have the best parents who are always so great to let the grandchildren be involved in their project--no matter how busy they are.

I wasn't able to do my semi-annual spring trip to St. George with my friends this year, but I was lucky enough to have them come up here for the weekend. We had a great time and had a nice little slumber party in my family room. It was so theraputic to spend time with them. Too bad this is the only picture I got of the weekend.
So that is a basic overview of our last couple of months. Terribly exciting I know. We are so happy in our new house. We love the house and it has felt like home from day one (probably because we walked through it almost every day when it was being built). We love being in a cul-de-sac and that is why our children are still alive--they are in the street constantly. Seth is so happy. He has a lot of kids his age around and he is constantly playing with friends. We have wonderful neighbors and spend so much time visiting outside. Like last night we were out with 2 other couples on the lawn (neighbors lawn, not mine as I have NO GRASS--but I am not bitter about it) eating treats and playing on the guitars until 11:30. It has been a great move for us. I miss our old neighborhood, but where I was on the corner of a busy road, I didn't feel comfortable being outside with the kids much. This has been a wonderful change.
We would love to have visitors so if you are in the area, come see us (even if you just live down the street--hint hint JoAnn, Cheryl and Heather).
Yea, I finally have a weight lifted off since I have been feeling the need to blog for awhile now. I can go to bed guilt free tonight. Until next time.....
12 comments:
welcome back to the blogging world! The house looks great and we can't wait to see it in person.
It's so fun to read about your life! The boys are so cute and I am way excited to be your sister in law and get to know your family so much more!
How fun to have everything brand new! The house looks great. I'm so happy for you!
I love the colors you chose for your house and it's so much fun to
have everything new!
You have to do a post on how to make those rolls, I can't seem to get rolls to work no matter what I do!
I loved the update! We sure miss you and your family. It sounds like you like your new house, I am so glad. It is so important to love where you are. It was great to visit last week. I can't wait to see you on the 25th.
super awesome house and rolls! miss your cute boys. we are planning on visiting in august/sept and we'll come see the new digs for sure. i am also proud you had nick's parents over for father's day. good work, m!
Yeah!! Your house is beautiful! I miss hanging with the girls! We all miss you tons and with gas prices maybe we can plan a trip in 2017. Love ya! Tell Nick we said Hi
looks like you guys have been busy. I love the picts of Sam eating. Your rolls look yummy!! I really plan on making my way down to see you sometime.
YEAH PICTURES!!!
The house is cute and the kids make me laugh.
Karin
I want a new house. :( Boo hoo. It looks really nice. I just found out Charlie's Occupational Therapist is your neighbor! Her name is Kim and they moved there from California. She knew who you were. She seems nice. Hopefully we will see you guys sometime soon.
I gave up on your blog, he he he. I'm glad your back. I will be stopping by now, thanks for the hint. I haven't been a very good welcoming neighbor. I will be over soon, I promise!
Hey Michelle,
Thanks for updating your blog. It was so fun to read it -you got me smiling and laughing...which is a really big deal for me lately! Thanks for being a good friend.
Talk to ya soon!
Post a Comment