Saturday, July 14, 2007

What a fun day!

What a perfect day. The only thing that could have made it better is if we could have slept in. We took Seth for a ride on the Heber Creeper today and he loved it. I wish that the train would have gone a little farther down the canyon, but it was still a lot of fun. We then went to lunch at a little place in Heber that has an electric train that runs on a track that is suspended from the ceiling. It helped to keep Seth entertained at the table while we ate. After we came home, we took a nap for a couple of hours--ahh, we love our naps!

A couple of weeks ago, Nick took Seth with him to a Chamber of Commerce activity where they were celebrating the NBA draft. They had a hoop shooting contest for all age groups and Seth won in his competition. He won a large pizza, 4 drinks and 100 tokens at Chuck E Cheese. We decided to go tonight and took Kyle, Lena and the kids with us. We had so much fun. The kids had a blast and us parents actually had a great time too.

Sam did really well today. It seems like in the last couple of weeks, he has changed so much and is a much happier, easier baby. I am finally really enjoying him. He has not been the easiest child up to this point, so to have him be so content just makes my life so much better. Seth also did really well and only had one meltdown--unfortunately it was at the train depot when we wouldn't buy him any Thomas the tank engine toys. Luckily we were able to keep our cool and talk him out of his fit. You gotta love when you are putting on a show for all those around you.

This coming week will be fun as well. Darla and her boys are flying in on Tuesday and then we will be taking them to Parowan for the weekend. Seth has been asking when we can go see Grandma and Grandpa, so I'm sure he will love it.

Here are a couple of pictures from today (if I can figure out how to do this--still learning how to do the whole blog thing....)


.

1 comment:

The Wiser Side said...

Your family looks so cute! I remember after having Camden, it took about 4 mo until I thought, "OK I can do this." And then when Sam gets mobile it'll be fun cause the two can play around. Hope your summer continues to be so fun-AZ is always an open invite! :o)