Okay, so Chalise tagged me awhile ago, but I haven't been able to really thing of anything that interesting about me. The rules state that you are supposed to list 6 facts/habits about yourself and try to find 6 you haven't already posted about! So after much thought and deliberation, this is the best I could come up with.
1) I have an extreme case of OCD in certain areas. My closet has to be organized by color and length of sleeve. Not only that, but the shirts have to either match the color of hanger or the hanger has to be white. I find that it is easier to find your clothes that way and it just looks nicer. I have been known to sneak into my sisters closet and fix hers to my liking. Of course she got me back by screwing mine up. I also have an obsession with towels, they have to be hung straight. Decks of cards have to be facing the same direction when put away. Lightswitches have to reflect correctly if the light is on or off. If there are 2 switches to the same light and the light is off, they both need to be down. When we moved into this house, Nick had to change a bunch of outlets so they would be correct. Luckily it bugs him too. I'm also a "binky nazi" I have to know where every binky in the house is and it will drive me insane if one is missing. Same with sets of toys...you know I was going to write more, but I am realizing how insane I am. I'll stop now.
2) I have a nose like no other. One of the most common phrases in my house is "What is that smell!?!?!?" I was worried that when I was pregnant it would kill me, but luckily my sense of smell seems to diminish when I am prego instead of becoming more intense like normal people.
3) It isn't necessarily something to be proud of many times, but Dick Cheney is a relative. His wife Lynne and my dad are cousins. In fact, in her latest book she acknowledges my parents. I'm sure he is a nice enough guy, but I'm still not going shooting with him!
4) I'm a perfectionist. Not in all areas, but if I can't do something perfectly, it usually stops me from even trying. Nick says I am getting better, but if I do something and it isn't perfect, I will just complain about it unceasingly.
5) I hate shopping for gifts. Especially for close friends or family. Actually for most anybody. If it's someone that I should know really well and know what they would like and I can't come up with the perfect gift then I get totally stressed out. If there are times that I do think of something that would be great, then I love buying stuff. Like tonight, I figured out what my dad would love for Christmas and I'm excited to give it to him.
6) I am a fountain of useless celebrity knowledge. I keep up with all that crap. Yes, it is pretty pathetic, but you never know when the latest antics of Britney or Paris may help me out when I get a little too wild and forget to wear panties or drive while intoxicated.
Well, that is me. I'm sure it is very enlightening and disturbing at the same time. Whoever reads this and wants to be tagged, then I tag you. I know for sure that Paige, Jamie, Kristin, Julene, Melodie, and all the Liechty family members haven't done this, so if you feel like sharing, please do so. And Susy, I heard you found my blog (I'm guessing through Kim??) so if you haven't done this yet, then I would love to read yours as well - I love reading your blog and the pictures of the boys golfing really made me miss Cedar.
7 comments:
Michelle...
You are too funny....I just hope that by reading up on what Paris and Brittney are doing that you know to do the OPPOSITE!!!!
Oh and feel free to drop in and fix my closet anytime! I'll supply the goodies and I'll read you gossip mags while you are doing it!
Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!
Jenn :o)
Wow, I never realized until reading this what a FREAK you are! I mean I knew about the closet and binky nazi thing but the light switches....oh man can we all say nutjob. Just kidden ya sis. Ya know I luv ya. Thanks again for storing my gifts there. This is the first year I may have to worry about kids sneaking a peak in my hiding places. Kinda like you finding your bear up in the top of the garage hu?
WOW, three posts for Dec. and it's only the 11th. I'm impressed!
Quick fix for the OCD thing...get a bike. It seems to have cured me. I'm not nearly as insane as you now.
And, no, I don't want to be tagged! I'm not sharing my bizzare behaviors with the world.
I felt like I was reading about myself in a lot of those things, but then you already knew that. I'm always trying to be just like my big sis. :-) Except the celebrity gossip thing, I hardly know who these people are let alone what is going on in their lives.
Love ya,
Val
Hi Michelle- thanks for the chuckle! I've been meaning to comment on your blog for a while now...as to not be a blog snooper without leaving a trace =). It's fun to read your blog as well! I'm going to add you to my list if you don't mind!
Okay Mish-Mash, You are WAY overdue for an update. Lets get with it hu?
Your cousins with Dick Cheney? Nick should be on the up and up in Halliburton.
Post a Comment