Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our own little personal injury lawyer

So we are working on potty training Seth and it is going pretty well--as far as #1 goes. He can go most of the day without any accidents, but we are still working on the poop. Tonight he had another problem (luckily in a pull-up) and so I was talking to him about having accidents and out of nowhere he says, "One call, that's all." Nick is like, "What did he just say?? Have you been watching a lot of daytime TV???" And of course the only thing that we ever watch during the day is Barney and the likes. So I guess you could say that Craig Swapp's advertising is catchy.
Seth's memory tends to amaze me. We read books every night before he goes to bed and he has his favorites and he can memorize them pretty quickly. Right now his favorite book is "Froggy goes to school" and he can quote most of it and if I say the wrong word he will correct me. He also loves to put his arms out and tell me he is Buzz Lightyear. This morning he wanted me to get out of bed and feed him. I was just about to get up and he said "No Mom, close your eyes and I will kiss you awake." That boy can make my heart melt or drive me to distraction.

Now Sam...he is finally starting to crawl. When we were down in Parowan in mid-Nov, he started to do the army crawl but just a little bit (of course he did it the first night I left him for the whole night...) and then he got really good at it when we came home. While we were in Parowan for Thanksgiving, he started to do a few of the regular crawling motions. Once we came home, he really took off with it. Now he does the army crawl if he wants to get somewhere fast (like the doggy dishes) and crawls if he is just cruisin around. He is a little bit happier now that he is more mobile, but if I may quote the classic movie Thumb Wars-- "that kid is sure a whiner" or something like that...it has been too long since I have seen it.

It is finally starting to look like Christmas around here. We got the tree put up on Sat and I got the lights on yesterday---which caused much grief, they kept blowing fuses--- and then Seth and I decorated it today. Seth did it first and put all the ornaments on one area of the tree and once he went down for his nap, I dispersed them more evenly around the tree. I'm pretty proud of myself for the lights. I have never done them before and I did probably 15-20 strands. It's not perfect, but it will do. Much of our Christmas is bought. We need to finish up and then start to wrap. We will be going down to Parowan again. I have yet to miss a Christmas at home. This is where I am glad that Nick comes from a dysfunctional family that doesn't spend too much time together--I don't really have to share holidays. Which is good, because I am selfish. Especially about holidays.

2 comments:

Chalise said...

One call, that's all. Boy that kid is a crack-up. When I called on Saturday for Addie to talk to Seth, they were each just carrying on their own conversation for a couple of minutes. It was funny listening to them. I really enjoyed the new blog and the pictures. Dang they are cute kids.
Chalise

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the kids. They are such cute boys. You are a great friend! Thanks for lunch for my birthday.. somehow being away from home isn't as hard when you have friends around!!