We had to work pretty hard to get the guys off it.....
And sometimes we were successful.
But lest you think it was just the guys having fun....
We even took the babies along for a short ride. 2 of the 3 really liked it.
Whenever Sam was wearing a life jacket, he was extremely calm and docile--almost catatonic. I think I may consider him wearing it full time.
We did some wake boarding and water skiing (when I say "we" I mean them. I don't even try)
The only tragedy of the trip was when Shane was pulling Lon, Nick and me on the tube and was doing his darnedest to take us out. Going around a turn, there was a little too much slack in the rope and we could tell that it was going to give us quite a pull when it straightened out. Well, Shane gunned it and I closed my eyes waiting for the whiplash. Next thing I know Nick and Lon have both flipped out of the tube and I am sitting there by myself and the tube is not moving. Nick asks if the rope broke, but once Shane comes back to get us, he informs us that the back of the boat ripped off. Yikes!! Seth was on the boat and a little concerned because Shane is "crazy". Luckily we were able to use good old duct tape to patch the hole and buy a new rope to hook on to a different place on the boat and we kept on going.
Sam doesn't seem to care much for the water and this was about the only time he was in it willingly.
However, Seth is a little fish and loved to go swimming!
And for all of you who have ever doubted that I am a princess, here is proof. This is where we stayed. This belongs to a friend of Shane and he was nice enough to let us rent it for a few days. Nice beach front place with a private beach and a rhino to drive down to the water. It used to be that they could jump off the deck into the water, but it has receded quite a bit. Here is the front and back view.
We had such a great time and we hope that we can make this a yearly tradition!
3 comments:
Man that looks like FUN!!! I was laughing out loud at the pix of you 3 girls on the tube and your faces. He he funny stuff.
Hey, I think we were there at the same time. Except we didnt stay in a castle like others... We stayed at Rendezvous Beach on the south side. You missed out on not seeing the play at Pickelville. Try to catch that next time you are up there. Almost as good as the good old "Bryce Canyon State Show". Now that was classic entertainment.
Looks like lots of fun! Glad you shared your fun vacation with those of us who hang out in lovely Utah for our vacations!
Post a Comment