We get to:
Eat meals fresh from the garden.
So fresh that the corn still had a worm in it. Seth was fascinated and called it his friend.
We get to help Grandpa cut and stack the wood.
Grandpa sets up a tent for us on the deck so we can sleep under the stars.
Grandma lets us help her sew...
And bake bread...
And make pancakes....
Grandpa builds us a fire in the chiminea
So we can roast marshmallows (with starbursts)
And eat the gooey mess. Yum!
Grandpa lets us help him mow the lawn.
We get to go to the "fun"park with friends.
And mommy even gets a little "girl time"
We get to hang out with our cousins. Blowing bubbles is the best!
We get to pick fresh rasberries out of the garden.
We get to feed the ducks at the pond (and do a little fishing)
We love Parowan!
I was laughing to myself thinking that the main form of transportation seemed to be 4-wheelers. The people acress the street from my parents don't even own a car. They just cruise around on their ATV's. Then to really give me the giggles, I see the chief of police patrol the town on his ATV. I guess it is saving him over $100 a week in gas, but hopefully there aren't any emergencies or that he needs to arrest someone. What is he going to say? "Put this helmet on and hold on tight".
6 comments:
glad that you finally updated your blog. It made me so homesick to see all of those Parowan pictures. We sure are blessed with a wonderful family, aren't we? We can't wait to see you guys next month.
Love ya,
Val
I am leaving for Parowan in 4 days YEAH!!!. Those pix made me so excited. We just have the best parents in the world.
This entry would make such a cute book for your kids. Fun pictures! Glad you had a fun time, but Logan, Kerry and I sure missed having you here. :)
Ahhhhhh....now I really miss Parowan. You're lucky, you only have a 2 1/2 hour drive (well, with kids I guess it's a bit more). I have a 24 hour drive! (But I much prefer a 3 hour flight, followed by a 3 hour drive). Your blog is great!
I LOVE THIS PLACE! Makes me so homesick... which of course makes me Vincent sick... which then makes me family sick... and well, I just love this place. It's always HOME!
Haven't peeked at blogs for a long while-- so glad to visit yours! Your parents are so so SO wonderful! Your boys are 100% fantastic, sweet, smart, funny and lucky (to look so much like their cute L cousins, oh yeah, and to have you twos as their parents!) Your dog is lovely and looks like a potential pitching partner, for when S & S get into pitching. AND canning?! Now that is very worth blogging about. Canning gets a bad rap yet the results are worth it. Homemade apple sauce is the best. And peaches?! Whoa.
Post a Comment