Friday, October 10, 2008

Labor Day

For Labor Day this year, we took our friends Kerry, Miranda and Logan to experience the joys of Parowan. We got down there Friday night and just hung out. On Saturday we went up to Yankee Reservoir and did some fishing. Okay, Kerry did some fishing and Seth and Logan had fun casting out with their little poles. Seth did amazingly well. Sam just liked playing in the mud!


We were about to give up when Kerry finally got one!


After we were done fishing we stopped in the little turn out for lunch. It is one of my favorite places on the drive up the canyon. It has a little grassy area to sit and then a stream that runs through it. It would be a perfect place for a family picture, but do you think the boys would cooperate? Not a chance. Of course, I was not looking picture perfect anyway.



We then headed up the canyon to go to Cedar Breaks. We didn't stay long. You can see from the clouds behind the boys that the weather was not good and being on an exposed ledge during a lightning storm is a big no no. It was pretty sad because that storm caused a flash flood that killed a young boy in Parowan who was riding his 4-wheeler. Very sad--his father was devastated!

Sunday night we hung out with my fabulous friends from So Utah. We had dessert and played basketball and did a little jam session. Savanah who is in kindergarten did an amazing job on the drums!


Monday morning was spent at the parade. I think this was the first time I have ever watched the whole parade. I usually spend most of it walking up and down main street looking to see who else came home for the weekend. I find you get much more candy if you stay in one spot!

We then had a BBQ. It was just supposed to be a small one-mostly family and a few friends, but then it turned into about 30 extra friends. Crazy times, but that is what Labor Day is all about at my parents home. And I love it!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Martin is sitting here fake crying because he misses you guys and wants to hang out. Boohoo. I'm sad too though--you look like you've been having so much fun (without us--how dare you!). Can't wait until Christmas!!! Save some of your fun-ness for us!

Miranda said...

Thanks for the invite! We had a great time...even if there were lots of people there that we didn't know. hee hee. Really, we had a great time!